Saturday, March 28, 2015

Gilding

Four things I love: 

-gray
-metallic
-triangles
-pizza (bacon + jalapeño pizza all day, everyday). 

One of these loves was not incorporated into this side table (though if you think of a classy way to incorporate pizza into a piece please let me know ASAP!). I have wanted to try this ombre, metallic, triangle design (much like a Dandelion) on one of my pieces for a while and when I found this side table for $5 at a local thrift store I knew it would be the perfect guinea pig. She was totally solid, had beautiful lines, and while the green wasn't terrible the haphazard glaze job over the green was no bueno.

I painted the inside cubby a slightly lighter shade of gray to add a bit of depth, kept that fabulous handle, and created my own triangle sponge out of a sanding block. When I sponged on the first few triangles I had some serious doubts, but I decided to keep at it and I really love the way it came together. Say hello to Dani!



__________________________________________












Playing in the background:

  • I was watching Drew Barrymore's, Ever After. Other than Anastasia, this may be the movie I can quote best. "A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?!" Where, indeed...




No comments :

Post a Comment