Sunday, February 8, 2015

Romancing

In honor of Valentine's Day looming around the corner I bring you, Ada. She feels like the furniture equivalent of a sweeping Southern Romance and what better Southern Romance than Ada Monroe and Inman's from Cold Mountain? I'm sure 99% (more like 100%) of people think that answer is unequivocally Gone with the Wind, but I would argue the merits of Cold Mountain over Gone with the Wind

I found this piece at a local thrift store and it was love at first sight (you can find us hanging out watching Cold Mountain together on Valentine's Day). I knew immediately that she would be green and she would be chippy. I used Old Fashioned Milk Paint in Tavern Green. The chipping didn't go quite as I had hoped, but the variations in pigment completely made up for that! To get that rustic look I was going for I just used a sanding block to wear through the paint in certain spots. I found this great striped, modern paper at Home Goods that I used to line the drawers. Its a perfect juxtaposition with the rustic, undone look of the exterior. 

I planned on a quick flip and sell, but love is a fickle thing and I'm thinking I may not be able to part with this Southern Belle...



I mean, look at the variations in color! Add that to my Swoon List.








Playing in the Background:




3 comments :

  1. Absolutely Cold Mountain over Gone With the Wind! Your Ada is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE this color! The fun drawer liner is a great surprise, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sharing this gorgeous piece on our Favorite Fridays, today! It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! Thanks so much for the love :) xoxo, GMR

      Delete