Sunday, September 7, 2014

Simplifying

Mid Century Modern Furniture is all about clean lines and minimalist design so I decided to keep in line with that school of thought by giving this piece a subtle facelift (if there is such a thing...). The drawers and doors were in fantastic condition while the frame had several scuffs, scratches, and watermarks. Nothing a few coats of paint couldn't fix. And voilà! Mid Century Magic.

You'll notice an amazing piece of artwork in these photos. It was a gift from one of my oldest and dearest friends. I have been waiting forever for the perfect piece to stage it with so that I could show it off to the blogosphere and give a shoutout to an incredible talent. Check out her Etsy store, OkiMochi, for more pieces like this!



P.S. The Gov was insistent you all to know she named this piece for me. We both got a strong masculine, Mad Men-y vibe from this piece, but I don't watch Mad Men (I'm super hip like that). She suggested "Sterling" and I have to say it suits, don't you think? Exhibit A:


Drool.



_______________________________________________________









I always love incorporating belongings from family and friends in my staging.
The camera is my dad's from his days when he moonlighted as an amateur photographer.
The book is The Gov's. Obviously.


Don't forget to check out OkiMochi


Playing in the background:

  • Fiddler on the Roof Soundtrack. Mostly because my roommates are tired of me belting the wrong words...
  • House of Cards



No comments :

Post a Comment