Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stylings

I was going back through photos of all the pieces I have worked on over the past couple of years to give you an idea of my style. I came away with two things.

The first being I have no idea what to label my style. My heart belongs to the super chippy, primitive milk paint look, but I love to experiment with all colors, paints, and stylings of furniture.

Second, my pieces have come a long way in both quality and presentation. I'm particularly amused by my attempts at staging in the beginning.

Feast your eyes.


The first piece I sold! She was the one that reignited it all.


Christmas lights? Why the heck not? Its amazing the difference between how things appear in your head (or a magazine) and how they appear in reality.



I clearly did not understand white balance at this point. Thank goodness for friends that are willing to explain cameras. 



Oh, boy. This is all kinds of rough. Maybe that is why she now acts as a pantry in our kitchen.



Shout out to my girl, Mindy! Mindy Project anyone?



Can you believe I found this piece on the side of the road?! One man's trash...



Getting better.
You can also see I finally got my hands on a better camera.


Mint Green. It's a recurring theme in my work.


The first large piece I tackled. She now resides with a couple in Dupont Circle.


This is painted using CeCe Caldwell's clay paint. Earthy paint smell? I  want to bathe in it. 



What I like to call my Galactic Chic piece. A custom piece for a friend's home office.


This screams Anthro Baby to me. Is that a thing at Anthropologie yet? 
It should be. Hipster moms would go berserk.


This is my favorite staging. The gun was a last minute addition by none other than my Dad.  Its an antique that has been passed down on my mom's side of the family. I was reluctant to include it, but ended up loving the addition. Sadly, I'm pretty sure this is the most masculine piece I've ever done. I should really change that...



My favorite piece. Ever.
Antique hutch refinished in emerald green milk paint without bonding agent.


A wedding gift for a fabulously creative couple late last year. Talk about pressure!



This is a picture of my room to give you an idea of my personal style. The lines are bit too clean for me at this point. I need something really beat up and aged to balance it out.



Latest. Now at home in Burke, VA.

This is actually the first time that I have sat down and looked at my progress from beginning to present. Humbling is the first word that comes to mind. Also, a quote from Zechariah, "Do not despise small beginnings." (Zechariah 4:10)

In other news, I am beyond excited for you all to see the latest piece that I have been working on. She's a beast. A big, beautiful, bodacious beast.

3 comments :